Exhaustively tested, HPE LTO Ultrium cartridges meet all your demands for maximum reliability when restoring data, offering high storage density, ease of management and scalable storage and backup performance. Covering seven generations of capacity - LTO-1 (200 GB), LTO-2 (400 GB), LTO-3 (800 GB), LTO-4 (1.6 TB), LTO-5 (3 TB), LTO-6 (6.25 TB), LTO-7 (15 TB) – and with transfer speeds of up to 2.5 TB/hr for LTO-7, there is a platform for every need and budget.
From LTO-3 onwards, LTO Ultrium WORM cartridges enable the creation of compliant, permanent and tamperproof archives. From LTO-4 onwards, secure AES-256 encryption provides even higher levels of data security and compliance with the most stringent industry regulations to prevent unauthorized data access.
From LTO-5 onwards, LTO Ultrium Linear Tape File System makes using tape as easy, flexible, portable and intuitive as using other removable and sharable media, such as a USB drive.
Highest Capacity and Performance of any Comparable Tape Technology
HPE LTO-7 Ultrium can write or read data at a blistering 2.5 TB/hour, storing, encrypting and protecting up to 15 TB on a single cartridge, making it the big hitter in large-scale, 24x7, mission-critical IT environments.
A 64% increase in the number of tracks and a 25% increase in bit density has permitted an increase in capacity from 6.25 TB for LTO-6 to 15 TB to LTO-7: from 2,176 tracks for LTO-6 to 3,584 tracks for 7th generation HPE LTO-7 Ultrium 15 TB cartridges.
LTO Ultrium cartridge memory chip delivers faster access time and enhanced media monitoring.
First time restore ensured with fewer media failures and disrupted backups, regardless of duty cycle or environmental conditions.
Superior 'smart grabber' mechanism and mechanical interlock to prevent the leader pin from being pulled inside the tape housing. Sensors detect proper connection and prevent leader loss that would ruin the tape.
Simplified tape path to reduce wear and tear and build up of and debris (important in automation).
HPE brand qualification test procedures (load/unload, shoeshine, drop testing and environmental stress testing) go far beyond what is required for the LTO Ultrium logo. This ensures maximum reliability for restoring your data.
HPE warrants LTO Ultrium cartridges for up to 30 years archival life. This ensures businesses can meet the ever-increasing demands of regulation for data retention and archiving.
Write-Once-Read-Many (WORM) version provides tamperproof, compliant data storage.
Data encryption for enhanced data security on HP LTO-4, LTO-5, LTO-6 and LTO-7 Ultrium. Compliance with FIPS 140-2 level 1 security standards.
Value for money
Standardizing on HPE LTO Ultrium delivers the capacity to meet shrinking backup windows, industry-standard, AES 256-bit encryption (IEEE1619.1), and interchangeable RW or WORM media; without extra space or IT resource overhead.
Open standard technology ensures compatibility across product generations and gives you more choice. Cartridges are available as Custom Labeled, Non-Custom Labeled (both Custom and Non Custom include RFID options from LTO-4 onwards) and non-labeled versions.
- Up to 3 TB compressed capacity.
- Supports transfer speeds of 140 MB/s (native), 280 MB/sec (2:1) with Generation 5.
- For use in all HP and non-HP LTO Ultrium products.
- Unique coloured cartridge to assist with identification in mixed media environments.
- Improved cartridge design to prevent the leader pin from being pulled from inside the tape housing (a key weakness of some other technologies).
- Very low media cost per GB.
- LTO cartridge memory in media to improve access time and provide enhanced media monitoring.
- Durable cartridge designed to minimise wear and debris (important in automation).
- Tested to extremes in HP’s media laboratory, to a level of specification unique to Hewlett-Packard. Many of the test procedures required for HP Brand qualification (e.g. load/unload, shoeshine, drop testing and environmental stress testing) are not required for the LTO Ultrium logo. enhanced data security.
- HP offers both labelled (Custom Labelled and Non-Custom Labelled) and non-labelled data cartridges.
- Custom labelled offerings allow automation customers the ability to customise their label to their specific needs. This includes the ability to define the barcode label type and to specify an exact label sequence. Custom labels are pre-attached to the media before shipment. Available in Europe and the USA. Europe requires a Minimum Order Quantity of 5 units or 100 total data cartridges (5 units X 20 cartridges).
- HP Non-Custom Labelled media allows automation customers the ability to receive labelled media without having to wait for a custom labelled solution. Barcode sequences are pre-determined by HP and are guaranteed to be unique. LTO-1 and LTO-2 products utilise the double barcode format whereas LTO-3 and above utilise the single barcode format. HP Non-Custom media is available worldwide.